Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bathroom Etiquette

I know there are a lot of things written on bathroom etiquette, so why do we need another. The fact is, we don’t NEED any of them, but it’s rewarding to get these things off one’s chest. I work in a two-floor business with 4 other people, all of them male. The four males work upstairs in the officey area, and I work in the basement in a tiny not quite cubicle in the warehouse area.

There are bathrooms on both floors. The upstairs one is filled with hair and skin care products that the boys I work with use, because sometimes their girlfriends happen to drop by. The downstairs one is filled with auto detailing products, the likes of which I’ve never seen outside of AutoZone, because the boy who details all of their cars often drops by. The subject of their vehicles actually warrants a whole other posting. I guess maybe it’s because this is the more manly bathroom that they all feel the need to come down here when they have to take a dump, instead of doing it in the perfectly serviceable and roomier bathroom upstairs. Which means my daylight-free little basement smells like a sewer about 1/3 of each day. It’s an interesting ambience -- conducive to a variety of different performance levels on my part.

I thought they might stop after the day one of them made the toilet overflow all over the basement, but they didn't.

Maybe I’ll put a box of Tampons in there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Integrated Systems said...

I just don't believe in pooping at work. Adjust the schedule, do it at home, save us all the embarrassment and the effort of pretending not to notice.

June 17, 2005 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home