Friday, June 03, 2005

A Beginning

So, I've started a blog because we're considering a blog as a marketing technique at work, I enjoy reading other people's blogs (what a great way to get sucked into surfing so you NEVER have to do any work), and it's another venue in which to feel insecure (what if no one reads it?) because you can never have enough of those.

I feel I also need the pressure of an added thing to do each day, like walking the dogs, making sure the braindead amongst my children actually take everything to school that they need so I don't get a panicked call at work (Mom, I need my trombone! Like anyone actually NEEDS a trombone!), and checking the status of my life as an internet dater.

Actually, I've been using internet dating as my own sort of personal blog forum, and I find it is actually much safer and healthier (not to mention more organized, for you OCDs out there) to consolidate my whimsical musings in a place like this rather than in a series of e-mails to potentially axe-murdering stalkers with my e-mail address.

So here are some topics that I might actually cover:
Travelling and eating out with children (not as much of a snooze as you might think)
The sociology of internet dating
Museums and other cultural institutions (although this is already being covered nicely in Mu*zine, so I'll not dwell
Politics
Personal Hygiene Issues
Baseball
And an unlimited number of other things that might be on my mind at any given time

For now, I will commend Blogger on the ease of blog setup, and say that I chose "tic tac" as my template, because my daughter often tells me I need one (even though she's the one who wakes up with unbearably bad breath in the morning).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so where's the post about baseball or eating out with kinder or internet dating?

July 03, 2005 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home