Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Scary Times

I'm a big fan of the Founding Fathers' ideas about separation of Church and State even if I don't agree with how many of their principles are currently enacted. Yes, they wrote the Constitution according to biblical ideas about morality, but they didn't seek to impose them on others, at least in that particular document. So imagine my consternation when I was surfing the Department of Education's website and found a whole "quicklink" section dedicated to faith-based education initiatives. This is part of "No Child Left Behind". That is somehow, these faith-based community groups should take an active role in promoting literacy for our children. That's well and good, but aren't they already doing that? I'm not sure I need my tax dollars to go to further promotion of these groups. In fact, I'm sure I don't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Integrated Systems said...

Thanks for finding & posting.

Every time I think it can't get any worse, it does.

November 30, 2005 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home